Today sees the opening of the nomination period for the 2013 Homo Heroes Awards run by the Lesbian and Gay Foundation (LGF). It’s a brilliant community-focused event and also raises the profile of the wonderful work that the LGF engage in.
The Lesbian & Gay Foundation’s Homo Heroes Awards gives you the chance to say thanks to the individuals, groups and organisations that have made a difference to you or to others in the last 12 months.
The awards provide an opportunity to celebrate those that have challenged homophobia, achieved significant gains for our communities and who share The Lesbian & Gay Foundation’s values of innovation, diversity, excellence, fairness, integrity and engagement.
There are a total of seven categories in which you can nominate any person, group or organisation that you believe has made a difference to the lives of lesbian, gay and bisexual people.
To make your nominations you will be required to provide a valid email address. One set of nominations will only be accepted per email address.
The nomination period will be from 27 May 2013 – 21 July 2013 and the categories are:
- Homo Hero – Community Champion of the year
- Homo Hero – Business of the year
- Homo Hero – lesbian, gay or bisexual role model of the year
- Homo Hero – Public Sector Partner of the year
- Homo Hero – Volunteer of the year
- Homo Hero – Community group or organisation of the year
- Homo Hero – LGB&T venue of the Year Award
- The Alan Turing Memorial Award
Following this initial nomination period, the top three nominees for each award category will be put forward for a public vote* from 1 August 2012 until 21 September 2013; the winners will then be announced at a special Homo Hero Awards Ceremony on Thursday 3 October 2013.
* the recipient of The Alan Turing Memorial Award will be decided by a panel
To nominate someone, go to this page and at the bottom you’ll see ‘load unfinished survey’ or next. if you’re new, click ‘next’ to get started and complete the survey.